Ultrasound Guided Chemical Ablation, Compounded vs. Brand Name Sclerosants, MicroPhlebectomy, Endovenous Thermal Ablation, Anatomy Based Complications, Perforator Treatments (CONG2011-02)
Steps to Successfully Complete This Activity
To participate in this educational activity please follow the steps listed below.
If you are new to the ACP Online Education Center we require that you register prior to viewing any activity. Click the Register link located in the top right corner of this screen to do so. If you are already a registered user log in and click the TAKE COURSE button that will appear in the Course Summary box.
- To begin the activity click the START COURSE button.
- Progress through course content by using the NEXT button.
- Complete all required items in the course.
- Track your progress using the Course Progress menu.
- On the final page of the activity a link will be provided to download your certificate.
The content of this activity is designed to meet the needs of the following target audience: phlebologists, general surgeons, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, interventional cardiologists, vascular medicine practitioners, dermatologists, dermatologic surgeons, family practice and internal medicine practitioners, plastic surgeons, obstetricians and gynecologists, cardiologists, and any other healthcare professional currently or planning on treating patients with venous disease.
- Nick Morrison, MD, FACS, FACPh would like to disclose that he receieved a Research Grant from BTG Varisolve and is the Medical Director for Morrison Vein/Training Institute. He also discloses that he received the Educational Grant for the Speakers Bureau of Medi, and is on the Scientific Advisory Board of VenX. He discusses the off label use of Polidocanol and STS foam. He owns no stock in any company with whom he has a consulting relationship.
- Steven Daugherty, MD, FACS, RVT, RPhS, has nothing to disclose.
- Mark Issacs, MD, FACPh, FAAFP, discloses that he is a Consultant and Stock Owner for Covidien.
- Cynthia Asbjornsen, DO, has nothing to disclose.
- Thomas O'Donnell, MD, discloses that he is on the Scientific Advisory Boards for Covidien Ltd and Radius Ventures. He is a consultant at BTG (Varisolve). He discusses a non-FDA approved drug/device.
The views and opinions expressed in this activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the ACP. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic skills in applying or adopting professional use of any of the information provided herein. Links to other sites may be provided as additional sources of information. Once you elect to link to a site outside of ACP Education you are subject to the terms and conditions of use, including copyright and licensing restriction, of that site.
Discussion of Off-Label Use
Although no longer required by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), ACP CME requests all faculty to inform learners of any products they will discuss that are off-label or investigational.
Reproduction of this material is not permitted without written permission from the copyright owner.