Immersive Sclerotherapy Course: VR 360
Thank you for participating in the AVLS Immersive Sclerotherapy Course: VR 360. This course utilizes virtual reality technology to provide the learner with a "near live" educational experience. When the learner puts on the headset and begins the course they are immediately transported to a conference room for didactic lectures as well as to a medical clinic for live case presentations and training.
Please use this site to complete your activity evaluation, claim your CME credit and receive a certificate.
Click the "Take Course" link located in the Course Summary box to begin.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and other healthcare professionals currently or planning to care for patients with venous disease. Specialists from various primary specialties are invited to enhance their knowledge and skills specific to sclerotherapy.
As a result of participating in this activity individuals will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of sclerotherapy to enhance clinicaloutcomes for patients with venous insufficiency
- Apply appropriate sclerotherapy techniques for patients with varicose veins and telangiectasias
- Explain how to optimize outcomes and minimize complications
- Formulate an effective patient communication strategy to relay the risks, benefits, and complications of sclerotherapy
- Describe the management of more complicated clinical situations with the full array of techniques of visual, ultrasound guided, and foam sclerotherapy
|Name||Course Role||Commercial Interest||Relationship|
|Catherine Burdge, APRN||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Mark Forrestal, MD, FAVLS||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Daniel Friedmann, MD, FAAD||Speaker||Merz North America||Consultant; Investigator; Speaker|
Margaret Mann, MD, FAVLS
Chair; Planner; Speaker
2. Sciton Lasert
2. Consultant, Research Grant
3. Research Grant
|Michelle McEvoy, MSN/Ed, RN-BC||Planner||None||n/a|
|Vineet Mishra, MD, FAAD, FAVLS||Speaker||Merz||Consultant|
|Jessica Ochs, PA-C||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Satish Vayuvegula, MD, MS, FAVLS||Speaker||None|
|Michael Di Iorio, MD, RPVI, RVT, RPhS||Content Reviewer-Enduring Activity||None||n/a|
|Robert Worthington-Kirsch, MD, FSIR, FCIRSE, FAVLS, RVT, RPVI||Content Reviewer-Enduring Activity||Boston Scientific||On the blinded Clinical Events Committee for three studies|
|Keith Moore, MD||Content Reviewer-Live 2019 Activity||None||n/a|
|Barry Oswalt, MD, FACS||Content Reviewer-Live 2019 Activity||None||n/a|
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society designates this activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 Attendance