February 2020 Sclerotherapy Course
Thank you for attending the AVLS February 2020 Sclerotherapy Course in Dallas, Texas. Please use this site to complete your activity evaluation, claim your CME credit and receive a certificate.
Click the "Take Course" link located in the Course Summary box to begin.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and other healthcare professionals currently or planning to care for patients with venous disease. Specialists from various primary specialties are invited to enhance their knowledge and skills specific to sclerotherapy.
As a result of participating in this activity individuals will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of sclerotherapy to enhance clinical outcomes for patients with venous insufficiency
- Apply appropriate sclerotherapy techniques for patients with varicose veins and telangiectasias
- Explain how to optimize outcomes and minimize complications
- Formulate an effective patient communication strategy to relay the risks, benefits, and complications of sclerotherapy
- Describe the management of more complicated clinical situations with the full array of techniques of visual, ultrasound guided, and foam sclerotherapy
|Sclerotherapy Take Home Points||117.58 KB|
|AVLS-Sclero Intro Workshop||1.88 MB|
|Avoiding Sclero Complications||1.43 MB|
|Choosing the Right Sclerosant-Type Concentration and Volume||656.66 KB|
|Compression - What is the Evidence 2020||763.73 KB|
|Consent & Legal||270.69 KB|
|Credentialing Your Sclerotherapy Practice||975.48 KB|
|Injection Tips and Pearls||1.16 MB|
|Is there a role for lasers?||2.21 MB|
|Patient Education||605.03 KB|
|Sclerosants - How They Work||389.65 KB|
|Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy||1.74 MB|
|Venous Anatomy for Sclerotherapy||1.06 MB|
|When Sclerotherapy is not Enough||469.39 KB|
|Name||Course Role||Commercial Interest||Relationship|
|Catherine Burdge, APRN||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Michael Di Iorio, MD||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Mark Forrestal, MD||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Terri Harper, MSN, APRN, FNP-C||Speaker||1. Merz 2. Comprehensive Vein Training Center 3.Medtronic (Spouse)||1. Consultant 2. Co-Owner 3. Consultant|
|Margaret Mann, MD, FACPh||Planner, Speaker||1. Kreussler 2.Sciton||1. Speaker 2. Investigator|
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.25 Attendance