2019 Hands-On Ultrasound Course
Thank you for attending the AVLS' 2019 Hands-On Ultrasound Course in Arlington, Virginia. Please use this site to complete your activity evaluation, claim your CME credit and receive a certificate.
Click the "Take Course" link located in the Course Summary box to begin.
The Ultrasound Hands-on Course is for providers, sonographers and other allied health care professionals who desire to learn or to improve their understanding of venous ultrasound physics and instrumentation, venous lower extremity ultrasound evaluation and mapping for vein ablation procedures.
As a result of participating in this activity individuals will be able to:
- recognize anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the deep and superficial venous systems.
- recognize roles of b-mode, color, and spectral Doppler ultrasound in making the diagnosis of DVT, DVI, SVT, and SVI.
- perform an all-inclusive lower extremity venous examination, using proper technique and protocol on patients with common and complicated venous disorders.
- document all pertinent findings and suspected pathology, and create a comprehensive and precise venous mapping.
- recognize the main pitfalls in venous extremity ultrasound and apply the technical and clinical pearls and tips.
|Linda Antonucci, RPhS, RVT, RDCS||Planner; Speaker||AngioDynamics||Education - Lecturer|
|Marresa Houle, RVT, RPhS||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Donna Kelly, RPhS, RVT, RDMS||Speaker||None||n/a|
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program meets the criteria for SVU-CMEs which are accepted by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers® (ARDMS®), the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for Category A credit, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) for laboratory accreditation.
- 8.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 8.25 Attendance