August 2019 Sclerotherapy Course
Thank you for attending the AVLS' August 2019 Sclerotherapy Course in Arlington, Virginia. Please use this site to complete your activity evaluation, claim your CME credit and receive a certificate.
Click the "Take Course" link located in the Course Summary box to begin.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and other healthcare professionals currently or planning to care for patients with venous disease. Specialists from various primary specialties are invited to enhance their knowledge and skills specific to sclerotherapy.
As a result of participating in this activity individuals will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of sclerotherapy to enhance clinicaloutcomes for patients with venous insufficiency
- Apply appropriate sclerotherapy techniques for patients with varicose veins and telangiectasias
- Explain how to optimize outcomes and minimize complications
- Formulate an effective patient communication strategy to relay the risks, benefits, and complications of sclerotherapy
- Describe the management of more complicated clinical situations with the full array of techniques of visual, ultrasound guided, and foam sclerotherapy
|Name||Course Role||Commercial Interest||Relationship|
|Catherine Burdge, APRN||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Daniel Friedmann, MD, FAAD||Speaker||Merz North America||Consultant; Investigator; Speaker|
|Terri Harper, MSN, APRN, FNP-C||Speaker|
2. Comprehensive Vein Training Center
3. Medtronic (spouse)
|Margaret Mann, MD, FACPh||Planner; Speaker|
2. Sciton Laser
3. Research Grant
|Vineet Mishra, MD, FAAD, FACPh||Speaker||Merz||Consultant|
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society is an approved Continuing Education Provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing – Provider Number CEP 15857.
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.25 contact hours.
- 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.25 Attendance