2018 RPhS Review Course Live
Thank you for attending the ACP's 2018 RPhS Review Course in Rosemont, Illinois. Please use this site to complete your activity evaluation, claim your CME credit and receive a certificate.
Click the "Take Course" link located in the Course Summary box to begin.
The ACP’s 2018 RPhS Review Course has been designed to meet the needs of sonographers, physicians, and other healthcare professionals who desire to improve their knowledge and competence related to venous ultrasound. Topics covered align with the Cardiovascular Credentialing International’s (CCI) Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS) certification exam content outline. The course is appropriate for those preparing to sit for the RPhS exam as well as those interested in a comprehensive overview of the core curriculum of venous ultrasound.
As a result of participating in this activity individuals will be able to:
- Recognize anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the deep and superficial venous systems
- Describe the various techniques for treating venous disease and the associated role of duplex ultrasound
- Compare venous disease classification tools such as CEAP and VCSS
- Distinguish treatment choices based on patient presentation using classification tools such as CEAP and VCSS.
- Define the ultrasonographer’s role in maintaining information, facility, and safety
- Discuss the increasing importance of credentialing for health care professionals
|Linda Antonucci, RPhS, RVT, RDCS||Planner; Speaker||AngioDynamics||Education - Lecturer|
|Paula Heggerick, BS, RVT, RDMS, RPhS, FSVU||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Kevin Kehler, LMT, CLT, RVT, RDMS||Speaker||None||n/a|
|Michelle McEvoy, MSN/Ed, RN-BC||Planner||None||n/a|
|Stephen Moss, BA, CHCP||Staff||None||n/a|
|Sara Skjonsberg, RVT, RPhS||Speaker||None||n/a|
The American College of Phlebology (ACP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Phlebology (ACP) designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program meets the criteria for SVU-CMEs which are accepted by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers® (ARDMS®), the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for Category A credit, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) for laboratory accreditation.
- 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 8.00 Attendance