Electronic Health Records, ACPh XXV Annual Congress, Meaningful Use & Beyond Meaningful Use, EHR Incentive Program (CONG2011-25)
Steps to Successfully Complete This Activity
To participate in this educational activity please follow the steps listed below.
If you are new to the ACP Online Education Center we require that you register prior to viewing any activity. Click the Register link located in the top right corner of this screen to do so. If you are already a registered user log in and click the TAKE COURSE button that will appear in the Course Summary box.
- To begin the activity click the START COURSE button.
- Progress through course content by using the NEXT button.
- Complete all required items in the course.
- Track your progress using the Course Progress menu.
- On the final page of the activity a link will be provided to download your certificate.
The content of this activity is designed to meet the needs of the following target audience: phlebologists, general surgeons, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, interventional cardiologists, vascular medicine practitioners, dermatologists, dermatologic surgeons, family practice and internal medicine practitioners, plastic surgeons, obstetricians and gynecologists, cardiologists, and any other healthcare professional currently or planning on treating patients with venous disease.
As a result of this activity, the participant should be able to evaluate and improve current EMR/EHR practice.
- Ronald Kolegraff, MD, discloses that he has been paid in the past to speak on behalf of Cutera Corporation. Cutera is a California based Laser Manufacturer. Cutera Corporation is not providing any support for this presentation. Dr. Kolegraff works with Sciton and anticipates speaking for their California based laser company in 2012. Dr. Kolegraff also works for Hogue Vein Institute in Minnesota and South Dakota. None of these interests contribute or pay compensation for this talk. Dr. Kolegraff has been actively developing his own in-house Electronic Medical record and has considerable experience as a rational database developer for the past 25 years.
- Clint Hayes, MD, FACS, RVT, RPVI, FACPh, has nothing to disclose.
- J. Gordon Wright, MD, FAC, discloses that he is a Vascular Surgeon, transferred to a full time phlebologist. Since 1978, he has been involved in the development, implementation, and/or application of clinical databases and registries. In 2004, Dr. Wright developed and started using the first version of Vein Draw which is now fully certified by the ONC. Dr. Wright is also the managing partner, owner, and functional designer of Vein Draw, an EMR built exclusively for phlebology.
- Duane Randleman, MD, discloses that he is Varicosity/Vein Center's President & CEO; Chief Executive Officer of Best Vein Care; Consultant for Community Health Systems; an American Board of Phlebology Foundation Board Member; as well as the American College of Phlebology Speaker's Bureau Member.
The views and opinions expressed in this activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the ACP. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic skills in applying or adopting professional use of any of the information provided herein. Links to other sites may be provided as additional sources of information. Once you elect to link to a site outside of ACP Education you are subject to the terms and conditions of use, including copyright and licensing restriction, of that site.
Discussion of Off-Label Use
Although no longer required by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), ACP CME requests all faculty to inform learners of any products they will discuss that are off-label or investigational.
Reproduction of this material is not permitted without written permission from the copyright owner.