Duplex Ultrasound and Other Imaging Modalities II (for re-certification) [CME] (PRC2014-06RC)
This course includes the following:
Other Imaging Modalities: MR, CT, Venography, Transillumination (5 minutes), Lymphoscintigraphy (5 minutes), Other
Sanjeeva P. Kalva, MD
Question and Answer
Basic Statistics:Probability, “p” Values, Sensitivity, Specificity
Mark N. Isaacs, MD, FACPh, FAAFP, RPhS
Steps to Successfully Complete This Activity
To participate in this educational activity please follow the steps listed below.
If you are new to the ACP Online Education Center we require that you register prior to viewing any activity. Click the Register link located in the top right corner of this screen to do so. If you are already a registered user log in and click the TAKE COURSE button that will appear in the Course Summary box.
- To begin the activity click the START COURSE button.
- Progress through course content by using the NEXT button.
- Complete all required items in the course.
- Participants must score 80% or greater on the Post-Test to advance and receive credit. They are given three attempts to meet this threshold.
- Track your progress using the Course Progress menu.
- On the final page of the activity a link will be provided to download your certificate.
The content of this activity is designed to meet the needs of the following target audience: physicians experienced in caring for patients with venous problems as well as physicians who are new to the field and want a detailed presentation of the core curriculum of phlebology. Topics covered during the course will be emphasized based on the anticipated importance of these topics on the Board Certification Exam to be administered by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine. In addition to phlebologists, other specialists who treat venous disease will also benefit from the course, including vascular surgeons, general surgeons, family practitioners, interventional radiologists, obstetrician/gynecologists and specialists in internal medicine.
As a result of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the role and technique of CT Venography, MR Venography, Lymphangiography, Lymphoscintigraphy and Transillumination.
- Review the imaging findings of common venous diseases on these imaging modalities.
- Review the limitations of these imaging modalities.
- Identify biostatistics to evaluate scientific studies.
- Define the meaning of the statistical term "significant" as related to p value and probability.
- Differentiate the terms sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value as they relate to tests and surveys.
|NAME||ROLE||COMMERCIAL INTEREST||TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP|
|Catherine M. Burdge, APRN||Content Reviewer||NONE|
|Nancy L. Cantelmo, MD, FACS||Content Reviewer||NONE|
|Dana DePonzi-Haas, CMP||Staff||NONE|
|Mark Isaacs, MD, FACS, FACPh, RPhS||Scientific Committee/Planner/Speaker||Covidien||Consultant|
|Sanjeeva P. Kalva, MD||Speaker||Amirsys; Elsevier; Celenova; Althea Healthcare||Author; Author; Consultant; Investor|
The views and opinions expressed in this activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the ACP. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic skills in applying or adopting professional use of any of the information provided herein. Links to other sites may be provided as additional sources of information. Once you elect to link to a site outside of ACP Education you are subject to the terms and conditions of use, including copyright and licensing restriction, of that site.
Discussion of Off-Label Use
Although no longer required by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), ACP CME requests all faculty to inform learners of any products they will discuss that are off-label or investigational.
Reproduction of this material is not permitted without written permission from the copyright owner.
Review & Recertification
This course was reviewed and recertified for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM in March 2015 and March 2017.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.25 Attendance